Difference between Samsung e550 and e7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can't, for the life of me, figure out the difference between the Samsung e550 series and the e7000 series. If you look at the Samsung info chart on Amazon, it simply states that the e7000 has DNSe and the Super Slim Design, and the e550 does not. As for Super Slim Design, the e7000 is identified as 1.9 inches and the e550 as 2.2 inches. Is the .3 inch difference and DNSe really responsible for the $600 difference in price for the 64" model?

In this AVS thread, someone mentions that the e7000 also has the Evolution Kit which will allow for future expansion.

So is that it? That's worth $600?

EDIT: I guess the most important question is: Is there a difference in picture quality? I can't seem to find a definitive answer to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM

Liked: 12
From earlier posts, it seems the pic quality of the E6500, E7000 and E8000 is practically identical. But the E550 would suffer because of its poorer (or lack of) screen filter, which makes it only suitable for evening viewing or in a light controlled environment. The former 3 all seems to use a new panel design that seems to greatly reduce IR, but not sure if the E550 would be in the same class.

Plus all the differences you've already mentioned.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
As mentioned the E550 lacks the anti-glare screen filter, also some advanced calibration menu features.
Might have less inputs and outputs on the back too, as well as a different cabinet and table stand/pedestal design.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-10-2012, 05:39 PM

Liked: 10
The 60 inch panels in the E550 line are pentile screens with the RGBG pixel arrangement instead of the normal RGB stripe. You'll notice a checkerboard pattern on solid colors and light text and dark backgrounds suffers.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page