So do the ST50 & GT50 have identical input lag times, and are they lower or higher times than the VT30? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I believe I read on here that these sets were tested with that new input lag test tool we're all waiting to be available to the public, but naturally this wouldn't be the case for the VT30. So yeah basically I'm just stuck between these three TV's, kind of put the VT30 to the bottom of the trio list - but if it has better input lag than either the ST or GT50 then I'm going to buy that one. Looking at the 65" models if that makes a difference or not, which I don't think it does.

Lastly if I threw the Samsung e7000 out there, that'd be a no no speaking of input lag correct? I've also read on here from a few users of both that they were noticeably different, ST being quicker than the Sammy. I will say that I did try the e8000 in store with an Xbox and it felt pretty good actually, better than my 09' Samsung B650. I've always been a Samsung guy, and just picked up a nice Samsung surround sound setup so I was hoping I could match it with another Samsung TV but it's kind of looking like I won't be able to - even though I love the bezel look of the e7000/8000 a ton more than this years Panasonics.

Off topic question: Does anybody here happen to work for geek squad, and know how much Best Buy credit they'd deem for a PN50B650 if it needed to be replaced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i have never tested the actual input lag on the E7000 vs. the ST or GT but have had all 3. In my opinion, the input lag on the Samsung was horrible to me. I couldn't play well at all. The GT and ST seemed about the same to me. I tried a number of settings on the Sammy but couldn't get the IL down.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM

happy to report: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1411114/panasonic-65-inch-st-50-bad-for-gaming-now#post_22235973

I just got a ST50 65 - No input lag whatsoever. Commander Data (star trek - for those new at life) might be able to tell if there was any input lag, but no human can see it.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's good to know! I was about to pull the trigger on the 65" ST50 any day now. Does it get sharp enough? Seen a bunch of people complain the it's way too soft of a set.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMonkeyNuts View Post

happy to report: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1411114/panasonic-65-inch-st-50-bad-for-gaming-now#post_22235973
I just got a ST50 65 - No input lag whatsoever. Commander Data (star trek - for those new at life) might be able to tell if there was any input lag, but no human can see it.
Absolutely nonsense, sorry.

That a human may have a responsetime of about 100ms, says nothing about his ability, to see, hear and feel any input lag, that comes with a slow display!

You see a lag instantly, your brain sends the command to your trigger finger and your (or my) finger goes down, where the mouse or pad could add another 50ms or something (mechanical and electronical button lag).

These facts make a lagfree display only more important!

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Absolutely! Input lag isn't about reaction time - it's about proaction time! It's about seeing/feeling things happen WHEN you'd expect them to happen, not when they happen to you! It's not about working around "new" limitations of technology that didn't exist a decade ago. I can feel input lag, even the slightest amount. Been 2D platform gaming on a CRT since 1989! Reaction time has nothing to do with it.

=Tommy v2=