What's the best stand/furniture for Panasonic ST50 Plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What's the best stand/furniture for the Panasonic ST50 Plasma 60 that can accommodate a center channel speaker on the middle shelf? My center channel speaker is fairly larger, at 8" height.

I was thinking about this one, as the specs state the middle shelf is 9":

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Init%26%23153%3B+-+TV+Stand+for+Most+Flat-Panel+TVs+Up+to+55%22/8193536.p?id=1165609791259&skuId=8193536

But it says it's for up to 55" TVs. Will that work, or look funny?

There's also this one, which does state for up to 60", but I cannot find the dimensions for the shelf anywhere:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Init%26%23153%3B+-+TV+Stand+for+Flat-Panel+TVs+Up+to+60%22/9909507.p?id=1218194156327&skuId=9909507

Any other recommendations? Most of the furniture I've seen cannot accomodate my center channel speaker on the middle shelf.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
For your first stand:
Quote:
Product Features

Holds flat-panel or plasma TVs
Supports TVs up to 55" or 100 lbs. for reliable stability.

Whether or not it would "look funny" is up to the owner - our 60ST50 overhangs the cabinet we have it on at both ends, but it doesn't bother us.

OTOH, would NOT trust an expensive set to a stand that appears to only have supports along one edge of a glass shelf. (And particularly not one only rated for 100 lbs!)

To be fair, the cabinet our 60" sits on has an elevated top glass shelf: but it rated for something like 300 pounds, and sits on 6 evenly spaced risers.

The second unit you link to looks more reasonable - and LOOKS like it should hold your center channel, based on sub-photos. Could always go to BB & look at one in person, and/or visit the Init site & see if they provide measurements.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 15
Thanks. I ended up findinf and purchasing the stand in the 2nd link above and its a quality piece for the price. The middle shelf is like 10" high and fits my center channel speaker perfectly!

The top shelf is rated for 300 lbs so should be fine for the 65" ST50 I'm planning for with is about 90 lbs. That TV will over hang the stand by less than one inch on either side though. My hope is that it doesn't look like it is somehow mismatched or something like that but from the sounds of it, a larger screen than the stand it rests on may look fine. I guess since the plasma has its own stand, there is some visual separation there.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page