Not able to change Black Level? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello...

I am trying to customize my settings as suggested by those here on this thread, but when I go to the advanced menu, I am unable to change/alter the Color Matrix, Black Level or the 24p Direct Input... These items are "grayed-out" and the selector just skips by them. Is there another setting that I need to change before those can be altered?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montavano View Post

Hello...
I am trying to customize my settings as suggested by those here on this thread, but when I go to the advanced menu, I am unable to change/alter the Color Matrix, Black Level or the 24p Direct Input... These items are "grayed-out" and the selector just skips by them. Is there another setting that I need to change before those can be altered?
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

It would be helpful if you tell us the brand and model of your TV, and what your source is.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oops... Sorry about that... I thought I was posting in the tc-50pu54 thread, but just realized that I created a whole new thread! I have the Costco version of the tc-50pu which is the "54" if I am not mistaken... Also, source is HDMI to my blu-ray player and digital cable. I am not very technical, so forgive me if my answers aren't exactly what you were looking for...

Thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Items are grayed out unless the input and video source at the time applies to those items.
Some of those items may apply only to the internal TV tuner or to an HDMI input (such as black level)
24P direct input item only applies if you have a 24fps video input source active like from a blu-ray player set for 24fps output and are playing a 24fps blu-ray title.
You usually have to do a special setup in the blu-ray player to get 24fps output mode, as the default is usually 60fps.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page