Shocked at Panasonic - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well a long time fan of Panasonic Plasmas here, in fact I am on my third the TCP55VT30. Loved every aspect of it until I tried to play my PAL disks. After a long time twice with customer service I was told that these models as well as future models cannot accept a PAL signal. I have been watching PAL movies for more than 10 years on my Plasma TVs and simply cannot believe this, it is absolutely ridiculous . Every TV I know can accept a PAL signal, what is Panasonic thinking? Anyone know of any kind of work around?
Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 48
If every TV you have owned would play PAL signals, I would say you have been quite lucky.

I have owned digita TV's since the late 90's (CRT's) as well as LCD's and Plasma since the early part of the previous decade and have never had a digital set with the ability to decode a PAL signal. None of the Blu-Ray or DVD players that I have owned had the ability to playback PAL.

David

David Freeman
post #3 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
slb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One option would be to invest in a video processor such as the DVDO Edge, which can convert and upscale a PAL signal to 1080p/60. This would make things somewhat future proof if/when you change displays.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestion! I have a large PAL library that I have collected over the years, and am still building . I will look into the edge,
Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page