I am expecting a delivery of a Panasonic 60ST50 plasma monday. I just received an email from Pilot Freight services on what to expect and not expect
Your TV delivery will be completed by a representative of Pilot Freight Services. Here is what the service entails:
1. The representative will deliver your TV into whichever room in your home is suitable for testing the TV.
2. They will remove the TV from its packaging.
3. They will test the TV for power and blue screen. Please note: When the outside temperature is below 50 degrees, the power check cannot be performed as the unit must be plugged in only when it comes up to room temperature.
Pilot Freight Services is not authorized to perform the following services:
1. Placement of the TV on an existing stand, table or entertainment center;
2. Assembly of the base of the TV;
3. Hooking the TV up to your cable box for you;
4. Mounting the TV or assemble any wall unit or stand;
5. Moving furniture to gain access to the power outlet. The Pilot representative must have clear access to the power outlet to check if the TV powers up properly.
I was under the impression that Amazon's "white glove service" on such a large TV included two delivery men, and that the attached the TV to the base.
This notification indicates otherwise
I have tried to navigate Amazons site to find their description of white glove delivery, but had no luck, only complicated drop down menus with stock answers.
Is anyone familiar with Amazon's white glove delivery policy, know where that policy is explained on their website or had experience with Pilot Freight Services deliveries?
Thanks for your help!