should I replace my new vizio led with a plasma? (unhappy with the vizio) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I dont have too much experience with TV's but I own a 51" samsung pn51d550 plasma tv and bought a a vizio m3d650sv for my parents yesterday.

Im not sure if it is the settings or not, I tried to play around with the brightness, but the vizio doenst look nice. It looks washed out, like there is a transparent film over the entire picture making it cloudy looking. (reminds me of the allergy commercials where they peel off the film from the screen).. also when I tried gaming with it , it felt really odd. when moving around in a FPS game...with 120hz enabled.

I brought my plasma and put it side by side and the plasma looked a lot more colorful, things popped nicely... no odd feeling with games

I turned the brightness down from the stock 85 level to 50. and it reduced the cloudy look but the colors still seemed dull.

Is this an issue with LED?.. or an issue with buying a vizio? (as in I wont have this issue with a samsung LED)... is this a case of you get what you pay for? the tv was only $1700, similar samsungs are almost a $1000 more.

I can probably get a samsung LED without 3d and at 60" for about the same price or a hundred dollars cheaper... OR I can get a 60" samsung plasma e550 for significantly cheaper ($1300 OTD with a 3d wifi blueray player and 2 glasses.

only thing that concerns me is my parents watch a decent amount of foreign tv which have solid station logos that usually dont go away even for commercials... I really hope the 2012 plasma deal with IR/burn in better than my 2011 plasma (gets slight retentions from HUD on my FPS games, takes a decent amount of scrolling to get rid of it (a full days worth)

so pretty much , Im open to all suggestions, budget has to be under 1700ish for a min of 60" hopefully 3d and better picture than the vizio. I can stretch it to 2k max if it is absolutely worth it.

I would prefer local pickup, near by options are brandsmart, HHgreg, BB , walmart, samsclub

Thanks

also, i have been reading about e550 60" using pentile panels.... is this really that bad?

and Im pretty confused with all the rave about the 2012 panasonic plasmas, which one is the really good one for the $? st50, ut50, st30?..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe87865 View Post

Im pretty confused with all the rave about the 2012 panasonic plasmas, which one is the really good one for the $? st50, ut50, st30?..

ST50. The ST30 is last year's model, and there are sigificant improvements with the ST50 over the ST30. The ST50 has better filters than the UT50, so it would be the better choice if you do any watching during the day.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page