Broke Samsung PN51D6500 screen. Can it be fixed? - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Broke Samsung PN51D6500 screen. Can it be fixed?
Keisersozze's Avatar Keisersozze 10:41 AM 07-30-2012
Only had the tv for just a few months. PS3 remote bounced off the carpet and into the tv. Two large cracks. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I'm left without a tv and no cash to buy something similar. frown.gif

AvidHiker's Avatar AvidHiker 12:04 PM 07-30-2012
It can be fixed with a panel swap, that's the only way. Months ago, someone had inquired about this repair for their D series plasma and I believe the cost was as much as (maybe even more?) than a new TV (because it requires a technician to visit your home, all on your dime). Sorry, man.
chunon's Avatar chunon 12:52 PM 07-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidHiker View Post

It can be fixed with a panel swap, that's the only way. Months ago, someone had inquired about this repair for their D series plasma and I believe the cost was as much as (maybe even more?) than a new TV (because it requires a technician to visit your home, all on your dime). Sorry, man.

I had something similar happen to my Panny GT25 and same thing more expensive to repair than to buy new set, sad but true frown.gif
JKidd10's Avatar JKidd10 07:31 PM 07-30-2012
Same thing happened to my 50 c8000 but it was an Xbox 360 controller and it bounced off my kids cup.
Keisersozze's Avatar Keisersozze 06:29 PM 07-31-2012
Thanks for the input. **** happens I guess. Better go visit Chapters and get myself some books.
Up
Mobile  Desktop