St50 vs vt50 brightness - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Well I have decided to return my sharp elite do to pulsing and I have it down to the vt50 or st50. I have read the vt can hit up to 104 fl or so and the st50 can hit over 130 fl. Has anyone seen these sets side by side and could see the difference in real world content. I want to add I do not ever plan on getting the set professionally calibrated. I'm thinking about the brightness difference mostly because of 3d viewing. I know the blacks are slightly better on the vt but I do like pop in the picture so the st would be better in that area. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post

Well I have decided to return my sharp elite do to pulsing and I have it down to the vt50 or st50. I have read the vt can hit up to 104 fl or so and the st50 can hit over 130 fl. Has anyone seen these sets side by side and could see the difference in real world content. I want to add I do not ever plan on getting the set professionally calibrated. I'm thinking about the brightness difference mostly because of 3d viewing. I know the blacks are slightly better on the vt but I do like pop in the picture so the st would be better in that area. Any thoughts?

Ive never seen a VT but my ST looks great. If youre never going to have your set calibrated you may like the predefined THX modes on the VT. Or buy the ST and use the difference for a calibration.

I would say that no matter what 3D viewing in daylight can suck because you may(like I do) see the active shutters flickering or strobing. All my 3D is done at night or not at all.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page