Panasonic P50VT25 65" dead ... looking for replacement (HH Gregg Warrenty ISSUES!!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 2 year old VT 25 (65" plasma) has died. I purchased it in Aug 2010 from HH Gregg with an extended warranty. HH Gregg agrees that the TV is dead and is willing to replace it, problem is, they are no longer selling Panasonic's. They offered my 2 different LEDs as "replacements" (AN LG ans a Samsung). I told them that I did not consider these as "like" replacements, and I wanted a 65" plasma... I might even go for a Samsung E8000 (64"). The HH Greg rep also could not believe that I want a plasma instead of a LED....... He repeated this numerous times .....

They (HH Gregg) said they did not these in stock and the warranty company , National Elec Warrenty -( NEW) would have to find a like replacement. Their offer was a Panasonic ST50. I turned them down, my back to HH Gregg (I am getting dizzy with this recent runaround ... this started 3 months ago with the initial service call!!!!

Anyway, my question for you guys basically is, what would you consider a "like" replacement for the Panasonic VT???

I am waiting for HH Gregg rep call me back .. I am afraid he is just going to repeat their LED offer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug2255 View Post

My 2 year old VT 25 (65" plasma) has died. I purchased it in Aug 2010 from HH Gregg with an extended warranty. HH Gregg agrees that the TV is dead and is willing to replace it, problem is, they are no longer selling Panasonic's. They offered my 2 different LEDs as "replacements" (AN LG ans a Samsung). I told them that I did not consider these as "like" replacements, and I wanted a 65" plasma... I might even go for a Samsung E8000 (64"). The HH Greg rep also could not believe that I want a plasma instead of a LED....... He repeated this numerous times .....
They (HH Gregg) said they did not these in stock and the warranty company , National Elec Warrenty -( NEW) would have to find a like replacement. Their offer was a Panasonic ST50. I turned them down, my back to HH Gregg (I am getting dizzy with this recent runaround ... this started 3 months ago with the initial service call!!!!
Anyway, my question for you guys basically is, what would you consider a "like" replacement for the Panasonic VT???
I am waiting for HH Gregg rep call me back .. I am afraid he is just going to repeat their LED offer...

Why can't they just fix it ?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

They tried. The initial trouble codes indicated 2 defective boards... they replaced then both (after a long wait to receives one of them). Still did not work. After another 45 minutes of troubleshooting, they declared it "unrepairable"

The issue was trying to turn the set on. Initially it started with needing to try -10 times to start it up. Then went to over well over a100 times before it would start. The it would not turn on at all.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Did they try replacing the power board?
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I used to work for the company that admin'd HHG's warranties before NEW did.. their process is still the same. HHG will try to replace the unit in store with something of "like kind and quality". Most reps aren't A/V junkies so they're just looking at specs only and try to offer the closest matching set for the lowest cost - big shocker...

If HHG doesn't have something in the store and they send you back to NEW ask for a cash out for the value of a 65" Plasma.. the 65ST50 is a fair price for your VT25.

Just be polite and ask to talk to a Sup or a Manager and explain to them the differences in the sets. They usually don't have any idea...

post #6 of 6 Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

NEW and HH Gregg finally agreed, after much discussion, to cut me a check!!

Already have a new one coming, with my corporate discount, the new P65VT50 is $2,744.96.

Too bad this entire process took about 3 months .. at least I got (getting) the replacement I wanted! (and at a great price)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50vt25 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page