Service menu issue on older (2006) PX60U Panny Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I went into the service menu of my TH-42PX60U to check how many hours were on the set (almost 10,000 eek.gif) and now the service menu pops up every time the TV powers on.
I have exactly the same problem as in post 15 of this old thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/733843/the-answer-to-all-your-px60u-service-menu-questions
Can someone tell me how I can end this madness?
I followed the usual instructions to enter the service menu (hold down Vol -, press Recall three times), but the menu pops back up every time I power back up. Acts exactly the same if I press exit on the remote to exit menu, if I press power on the remote to power down or push the power button on the TV; the menu will reappear on startup.
Any ideas? I was thinking of flashing the firmware. I am still on the original version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM

Liked: 22
You may want to consider trying unplugging the tv's power cord for about ten minutes, which probably may reset the tv. I had a panny th50px77u years ago and the manual mentioned something about unplugging the tv. If you want, you can wait until I get home to recheck the manual to see what it says about unplugging the power cord. Let me know if you want me to look at my service manual.

Per manual: Exiting service tool or hotel mode in service menu = "Disconnect the AC cord from wall outlet" It doesn't specify how much time. You may be able to plug the tv's power cord right back into the wall outlet.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-2012, 02:08 PM

Liked: 22
HEY SkidPalace, DID IT WORK?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Eur7737z20 Remote Control Compatibility Th37px60u Th42px60u Th50px60u Th58px60u
Gear in this thread - Eur7737z20 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page