Thanks for posting your results. How does your set look after the calibration?
I just earned a free calibration due to becoming a Best Buy Silver Premier Member. I've got an appointment set for May 11… a little nervous.
Apparently the guy coming out, (Brendan) only does TV calibrations so you'd think he'd get good at it after a while, right? I mean, if it's all he does for a living….. hmm….
A handful of questions if you don't mind.
1. I see you have a Cal Day setting. Did you get a Cal night setting as well? I think this/these are turned on in the Service Menu correct?
2. Did he adjust anything within the service menu?
3. If you decided you didn't like what he'd done, how hard would it be to put it back to factory? Could you just turn off the calibration and turn it back off with a factory reset? I plan to write down the settings I achieved with the free AVS HD 709 downloaded disc.
4. How long was he there? What were the condition of your environment? The room for my TV is fairly well lit and he'll be out mid day. I'm contemplating hanging dark window coverings for the hour or so I expect him to be there.
5. How was the experience? Did he seem knowledgable? Does your TV look better? Worth the cost/time involved? I have no cost involved, but am happy enough with my set that i wouldn't spend $500 for an independent to do it.
Hard to turn down free, but you know how sometimes you get what you pay for?