Does anyone know how I can delete unplayable files from the DLNA memory of my Panasonic TCP65GT30? Some of the files that are still listed by the TV no longer exist anywhere in the computer accessed by DLNA.
I'll guess you are using win media player for your server. It's in a hidden folder and you have to go into control panel>folder options>view tab. Click show hidden files,folders.
Then on the C drive go to users>(your user name)>appdata>local>microsoft>media player. Delete the database file and you may have to remove others in there, there's also a cache folder that may need to be removed. If you aren't sure then back up these files before removing them. Afterwards just restart media player and let it update the database and you should be good to go.
Thanks for your help! You pointed me in the right direction. I opened the Windows Media Player library, right-clicked each unwanted file and selected the "Delete" option. A few stubborn files somehow defied the delete command but I found this fix which took care of the remaining files:
"This might be because of the corruption in Windows Media Player. Let’s try rebuilding
the Media library and check if that helps.
** Shutdown windows media player.
** Stop the media sharing service. Go to Start >> Type in Services.msc in start
search >>Right-click on the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” and
** Navigate to “c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player.
Now delete the files named CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.
** Start the media sharing service.
** Now start Windows Media Player and watch it build up your library again."
My Panasonic P65GT30 now has a clear library that I can rebuild with only the files I want.
You're welcome, happy I could help. I think it's kind of ironic that windows is trying to be"all that" yet it's somewhat difficult to use and maintain. I learned of this fix when I was trying to add a file to the folders and it didn't show up in the player or over dlna. Removing and re-adding the folders that are pointed to didn't help. A delete and rebuild was the only fix. Using mezzmo and power dvd, it just works, so 'come on' microsoft:rolleyes: