After using the slides for 100 hours and applying D Nice's settings to the ST50 , were you satisfied with the ST50's picture? - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Are you happy with the final reults after the process of using the slides and the recommended D Nice
happy with his settings 1 50.00%
if not what setting corrections were made to his recommendations 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am curious about the results of those that have been there and done that.
After doing the slides and making D Nices recommended settings on my new 60ST50 I found the picture darker than I preferred.
What were your own experiences with D Nice's settings? Do his settings also apply to the 60ST50 or just the smaller ST50 ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
D-Nice stated that the settings he posted were good for the 50 and 55 inch models. He will be posting serttings for the 60 and 65 inch models that will use a gamma setting of 2.4. Until he does I put mine on 2.4 and raised the contrast a couple of clicks and lowered the brightness a couple of clicks and that looks real good on my 60ST50
sheshechic likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Yeah the larger ST50's are darker so use a smaller gamma setting and possibly higher brightness setting.
On my 50ST50 the gamma at 2.6 looks good now, but early on it seemed to dark, so it gets better as it ages more.
I calibrated the basic settings with a calibration blu-ray disc since there may be slight variation from set to set. My brightness calibrated is 60, up a few points from d-nice. Can also bump contrast up a few points if you need a slightly brighter picture.
I also preferred Warm1 vs Warm2 color temp, to get whites a bit better for me.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
With the gamma slider at 2.6 on the 60/65 real gamma is ~2.31 - 2.35. At 2.4, the gamma is right on 2.2. I calibrated my 60ST50 with the gamma slider at 2.6 (gamma is 2.31) because most of my viewing is in a dark room.

Brightness with the gamma at 2.6 needs to be at 58 on my set. With the gamma slider at 2.4, Brightness was set to 55/56.

I don't know what size of windows D-Nice used, but with my contrast at 82 on a 10% window, I only measured 33fL whereas he measured 40fL with the contrast at 76. I've asked some pros whether the larger panels are dimmer and they seem to be ~3fL dimmer.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Liked: 10
Is anyone here try to calibrate out of standard or cinema mode for ST50? I know there is not much parameter you can tweak, but I want to keep custom mode for D-nice setting (night time watch), and make standard/cinema for daytime watch.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page