Messed up Service Menu Samsung pn60e7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the 60e7000 and i did something really dumb and started trying to get into the Service Menu because I read somewhere about it maybe fixing my wifi not connecting. I know this is going to sound dumb but I was going thru the menu and didn't realize the arrow keys would change certain settings. I think I messed with a lot of the settings. There was some setting called hdmi auto cal or something and I also hit that. My picture looks really wierd now. It's really dark and has a really bad red tint.

Is there any possible way to return the service menu settings to default. I tried all the reset options and they didn't work.

I feel really dumb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 88
You have to be very careful messing around in those service menus, and know what you are doing. I changed a D6500 into a D7000 in the service menu, but that is all I did, and have no problems. Picture is very nice. But IIRC, there should be a way to return to default settings. Look carefully. Otherwise, try to return it to the store and say it is defective with a bad picture. That is way too much money to blow on a very nice large TV that is permanently damaged.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
As stated above, one should never go into the SM unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing, regardless of what posts or setting changes someone says you can do. It is just not worth it. As you have seen, that is the quickest way to brick a tv. Screwing up the SM settings voids your warranty. As suggested, you can try to take it back to the store and say you're not satisfied with the pq and hope that they don't examine the set before authorizing your return. I would imagine that you could call Samsung and ask for a service call, even if you're not under warranty, but it is up to them as to whether they want to spend the time and resources to fix your set. Some SM setting are done at the factory and may not be able to be corrected in the field. Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page