Two years with the Samsung 63C7000. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks, I'm not complaining about anything with my my plasma, at least not yet (knock on wood)!

I do have a couple of questions that I'm sure some of you can answer. But first a little background. As I said, I have been very satisfied. I have run it with my Oppo 83 for I am strictly a movie man. I doubt if the TV input has been played more than a couple of hours but DVD/Bluray movies have been played almost every night.

I had it calibrated, if you want to call it that, by a professional projectionist who understood my desire to make my panel look as much like film as possible. He has a good eye (he ought to know and does) and as a friend I've known him for many years. And in all this time he hasn't had to change a single setting, you know, brightness, contrast, color or otherwise. He knows what film should look like, even digital films like Melancholia which he projected. To his great amazement he is able to get the Samsung to a very satisfying approximation. He has been impressed.

Here are my questions. If I found myself needing another plasma of the same size or larger, what could you recommend these days? Should I take for granted the recent vintage of Samsung plasmas are just as good or better? Or even the Panny?

And lastly, how can I verify the exact number of hours I have played the panel? I understood there might be way of doing that. I am figuring it is going to be relatively low hours registered but in case I make a move in the future it would be good to know that.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Liked: 26
You can view hours used in the service menu. You will need to check out how to access it for that specific tv

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

post #3 of 3 Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM

Liked: 13
I'd definitely go for either the Panasonic ST50, GT50, or VT50.

I wish I had waited for these models to come out instead of getting my Samsung D7000 that now has crazy FBr 6 months after purchase.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn63c7000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page