Amazon price guarantee - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently pulled the trigger on a 65GT50 (after reading forums until my eyeballs fell out). It comes tomorrow! Woohoo!

I got it from Amazon, and of course wanted to keep vigilant on the prices due to their 14 day low-price guarantee.

I saw Paul's TV had it a little cheaper so sent in a request to get refunded. After the initial blow off, FAQ-pasted response I got, they refunded me the difference, but they also mentioned in their e-mail that the guarantee can only be applied once per item.

Nowhere in their guarantee do I see the limitation of once per item (unless I've completely missed it). Now I wonder if I should have waited to claim the guarantee, especially with Labor Day weekend coming up.

Has anyone ever adjusted more than once on an item from Amazon? I can't see how they can limit it if it's not specified in their policy.

edit: sorry, meant to post this to the GT50 forum, but I guess it can apply more generally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grue View Post

I recently pulled the trigger on a 65GT50 (after reading forums until my eyeballs fell out). It comes tomorrow! Woohoo!
I got it from Amazon, and of course wanted to keep vigilant on the prices due to their 14 day low-price guarantee.
I saw Paul's TV had it a little cheaper so sent in a request to get refunded. After the initial blow off, FAQ-pasted response I got, they refunded me the difference, but they also mentioned in their e-mail that the guarantee can only be applied once per item.
Nowhere in their guarantee do I see the limitation of once per item (unless I've completely missed it). Now I wonder if I should have waited to claim the guarantee, especially with Labor Day weekend coming up.
Has anyone ever adjusted more than once on an item from Amazon? I can't see how they can limit it if it's not specified in their policy.
edit: sorry, meant to post this to the GT50 forum, but I guess it can apply more generally.

But it IS clearly specified in their policy. I don't see how you could have missed it. It's Item #11 from Amazon's Terms and Conditions:

Only one unit purchased of an item per customer is eligible for the Guarantee (that is, multiple claims on the same item will not be eligible, regardless of the quantity ordered), and the Guarantee can only be applied once per item, even if a lower-priced offer is subsequently found.

I've never heard of or saw posts from anyone who got more than one price match from any company anywhere.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Ahh, you're right, I completely missed that!

Bummer. Nothing is ever easy.

So I'll be hoping it doesn't go any lower in the next 2 weeks then wink.gif
post #4 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grue View Post

Ahh, you're right, I completely missed that!
Bummer. Nothing is ever easy.
So I'll be hoping it doesn't go any lower in the next 2 weeks then wink.gif

Unless their policy has changed in recent months, the price match is only supposed to be good for something like 14 - 15 days.

Always seemed rather dumb, given that the Return Period is 30 days...
post #5 of 11 Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

But it IS clearly specified in their policy. I don't see how you could have missed it. It's Item #11 from Amazon's Terms and Conditions:
Only one unit purchased of an item per customer is eligible for the Guarantee (that is, multiple claims on the same item will not be eligible, regardless of the quantity ordered), and the Guarantee can only be applied once per item, even if a lower-priced offer is subsequently found.

I've never heard of or saw posts from anyone who got more than one price match from any company anywhere.

I got a price match on my GT60 from Best Buy 3 times...!!!!
post #6 of 11 Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
I actually ran into the same issue with Amazon. I wanted to do a second price match but was denied. I ultimately told them that I was going to return the TV and buy it from the other retailer who had a lower price.They put two and two together and realized they should just price match the extra $100. Worth a shot

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
post #7 of 11 Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I received the same message last Nov.Couldn't find it written,anywhere.

WAP 16.

post #8 of 11 Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM

Liked: 13
Should have gotten it from Best Buy, they don't have a limit on price matching. 30 days price match policy, 60 if you're RZ silver.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The last time I was in Best Buy there was a big "We will not beat prices from" sign. It had everybody on it that was cheaper than them (which was almost everybody short of Sears).

Tony
post #10 of 11 Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post

The last time I was in Best Buy there was a big "We will not beat prices from" sign. It had everybody on it that was cheaper than them (which was almost everybody short of Sears).

We got an internal memo from the VP not too long ago that basically said price match whatever, help the customer, including amazon.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
BB price matched almost my entire HT with the likes of amazon and crutchfield. I recieved two price matches on the LG. They used to only match local ads but now they will do just about anything to earn your business. Love em.

My Gear
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page