42" Samsung half pink screen and shades of blue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 42" Samsung 720p Plasma I bought a few years ago for my bedroom and shortly after I bought it I started to notice the center of the screen was turning a pinkish white colour, but my girlfriend said I was crazy because she can't see it so I ignored it.

Now I have been completely booked for the last two weeks and haven't been home to even turned the TV on until today when the remote would not turn the TV on, thinking the batteries were dead because they are the same batteries that came with the TV I attempted to tap the button and still nothing. I quickly googled it and found things telling me to disconnect the power for 90 seconds and plug it back in so I did so and it turned on but no picture at all, just a black screen.

I turned the TV off using the remote, then back on and pushed the source button. The TV began to flicker some green bars then the entire left side of the screen was a magenta/pink colour so I quickly grabbed my phone to take a picture but as the camera app opened the pink turned to blue and the top half of the right side was also blue.

I turned the TV off using the remote, unplugged it and left it unplugged while I cleaned up the house. When I plugged it back in the screen was black again and the TV went to sleep. So I repeated the process of turning it off, back on, push source a few times and again the whole left side and the top of the right side were a teal blue colour and normally in the top left corner where it says which source it's connected to and the no signal box in the middle was half showing but they were solid blue with no font in the first shade of blue I experienced.

I turned it off and unplugged it, left it, plugged it back in, tried it again but now I get nothing but a black screen and then I can hear the TV go to sleep from not getting a signal so I have no idea what happened to it. I wasn't even home and out of no where it completely stops working.

I'm hoping there could be a quick fix, my friend said there may be some card thing in the back of Plasmas that I can replace as the video output to the screen is most likely shot but I can't find anything online about what he was talking about.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page