Faulty Samsung 3D PDP - Warranty refund? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey, everyone. Last October, I bought a Samsung PN51D550, spending nearly $1,000 to add it into my home theater. A few months ago, I had the panel replaced via Samsung's warranty service due to a severe amount of faulty pixels (30+), and I just filed another warranty claim.

Since the screen was replaced, I now have vertical shadows in the near-center, mid-left, and mid-right of the screen, as well as a circular spot near the middle of the screen that appears to be slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. It's most visible on bright, solid colors, such as watching hockey games, an image of the sky, etc. I've bean dealing with it, thinking it was just due to the fact that it was a new screen and hadn't broken in yet, but the problem remains. On top of that, my TV has power cycled itself 3 times at random since the panel was replaced.

I did file for another warranty repair service, but I'm beginning to fear that I have a lemon. Fearing that my problems will persist after the warranty ends (January 17, 2013), I'm wondering if convincing Samsung to refund my purchase would be worth my time.

So, my questions: Should I attempt to get a refund from Samsung? If so, what is the course of action to do so, and how effective is this course of action?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Liked: 18
they'll repalce the tv with an E series equivalent (most likely) but I doubt they'll give you a refund.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
I kinda figured...

It would be nice if, instead, they gave vouchers to the store the TV was purchased from and allowed you to choose. I'm not quite sure I have much faith in Samsung anymore after this debacle... frown.gif

EDIT: Has anyone here ever effectively pursued a refund via Samsung for a faulty TV?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page