Panny ST30 power light 14 blinks-no power - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I have a 55" ST30 that's about 16 months old that won't power up & after holding the power button for a few seconds, I get a 14 flash code. Anyone else seen this on this model? I'm outa warranty by 4 months or so. Has anyone had good luck with Panasonic helping them out with repair bills 4 months out? They said I could submit the estimate to them for review...after watching a few vids on YouTube I'm actually considering getting a manual & looking into it myself. The boards do not look hard to change, & can even be repaired if you can see a blown capacitor...I'm not a TV repairman, but I've had electronics training in the automotive field...am I crazy?? Anyone seen or done these types of repairs themselves? What kind of failures are common to Panny plasmas-capacitors? Thermal fuses? Any info would be great! Thank you all for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you ever replace your board? I blink 14 times. I unplug the set and plug it back in then I get a solid red light. After that I can push the power intermittently and the light stays red. Then I hold the power down for 4-5 seconds then it blinks 14 times. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right? I just replaced the A board and an tempted to return it for another.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page