I think I lost a part to my LG Plasma Pedestal, or I have no idea what I'm doing. Help please! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I've got a bit of an issue. My previous two apartments allowed TVs to be mounted but the current one does not. I'll be moving again in six months but in the mean time, I'd like to use my LG 50" plasma TV [LG50PK250]. I have not used the pedestal for the TV yet and my TV knowledge is lacking but I just unpacked everything and I can't seem to figure out how the hell to mount the TV on the pedestal.

The TV needs a flat piece that I'm guessing goes into the pedestal for support but clearly the round pedestal doesn't just "go in" to the TV but looks like it needs said added piece. Am I missing something here? I don't recall throwing anything out when I bought the TV but it was over a year ago and I went straight into mounting it after purchasing it.

http://imgur.com/xbx4l

http://i.imgur.com/tQmyH.jpg

The first picture is one I found on eBay, looks identical to my pedestal. If I am indeed missing a piece, where would the best place be to purchase one without spending an arm and a leg? I'm in Canada so eBay options are limited and/or extremely pricey for shipping.

tl;dr - I don't know what the **** I'm doing and/or I lost a piece to my pedestal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Check out the manual on line:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-50PK250#

Lorenzo
post #3 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
If you still have the box, check the Styrofoam for the plate.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unfortunately I don't still have the box.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Dang. I'd try contacting Panasonic then. Or if you can make or get a template, or get the specifications, a metal shop can make one for you at probably less than $20.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Dang. I'd try contacting Panasonic then. Or if you can make or get a template, or get the specifications, a metal shop can make one for you at probably less than $20.

You're recommendation for what to do is spot on, the company you told him to call is not. The OP has an LG not a Panny. biggrin.gif
post #7 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Oops. *blush*

post #8 of 8 Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
It does look like you need an upright plate that attaches to the base then slides into the slot on the underside of the TV (my LG LCD TV at work has a similar base). You may be able to buy a replacment plate from LG's parts department or one of their authorized local TV repair centers (either have them special order it or maybe they have an old base in their shop from a broken/unrepairable TV).

This place has some used bases but not sure if any of them would be compatible with your particular model. It's possible that your base is shared with several other models.

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/servlet/the-Plasma--fdsh--LCD-TV-Stands-cln-LG/s/1/Categories
Godinster likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page