nec plasmas - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
i was just wondering how many of you guys still have your nec plasma i still have mine, its a nec xr6a have had no problems with it still has a beautiful picture, please tell me about your nec.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-29-2013, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallan View Post

i was just wondering how many of you guys still have your nec plasma i still have mine, its a nec xr6a have had no problems with it still has a beautiful picture, please tell me about your nec.

I still have mine. I have a 61XM3A which I bought while I was an employee of NEC in 2008. I recently replaced it with a front projector/screen because the NEC was displaying inconsistent but annoying symptoms including extreme short-term image retention, remote control dysfunction and HDMI black-outs (which I assume may have been HDCP-related). Anyway, I don't know what to do with this 130lb boat anchor now, but I am not keen to give it away because it is a gorgeous-looking piece of equipment and, when it works, produces a stunningly natural film-like picture.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 97
My dad has a PX-50XR5G. I originally picked it up for £50 as it wouldn't turn on, it turned out the user had burnt out the speaker amplifier board by shorting the outputs, perhaps it had been that way for some time. Removed that and it works fine, minus sound. It has fairly severe IR problems (but apparently this is normal) and poor black levels (fairly old...), but overall it's a good set, I gave it to him as a present and also got him a Yamaha AV amp so he could listen to it, that was also picked up faulty on eBay and easily fixed.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page