Pioneer having trouble with thin horizontal lines - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-10-2012, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lines.jpg 108k .jpg file

[EDIT]: Added an attachment to illustrate what I'm referring to. This shot is from the Ps3 menu, and you can see that right above the big O, there are about 6 pixels that aren't firing correctly (sorry those probably aren't the right terms smile.gif ) Additionally there is a series of another 8 pixels further towards the right that are having the same problem.

My Pdp-4270HD is hooked up with an HDMI cable from my Tivo and another from my PS3. For a while now, the horizontal lines in the menus for both the Tivo and the Ps3 are showing up a little funny on the TV.

When either device is showing a menu that has a horizontal line in it, most of the line will be perfect, but for about a centimeter, the line is broken and renders in a somewhat blinky, half-rendered state. Then the line snaps back into sharpness and continues on across the screen.

I've seen this on both the PS3 and Tivo menus, but as far as I can see, it doesn't impact the picture during normal viewing. It always happens - not intermittent.

I've tried a third HDMI cable, but i don't see a difference. I also tried to see if any of the Visual settings on the TV would help - so far nothing. I'd try component cables, but my Tivo is in the basement and it seems to be recording something every time I have time to do anything with it. rolleyes.gif

Anyone have any ideas other than component hookups? I'm really hoping its something fix-able. :crosses-fingers:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lines.jpg (108.4 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bumping. Still having this issue. Does anyone know what could be happening?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page