65" tv setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys,

I'm waiting for delivery of 65" Panasonic vt50 and I'm stucked trying to figure out what is the nice setup for it.

I have currently Sony 60" XBR RPTV on a glass-metal stand 22" high, so when I watch from the couch from 10' my eyes are 12" below than the middle of the screen. General consensus is that viewer eyes should be on the level of middle of screen.

I had this Sony for 6 years and never felt problem with stand's height, but I remember that Sony was at the time selling much lower stand for this TV for much more money, this is why I've bought cheaper and taller one.

The problem is that vast majority of stands are 21" height or higher, I need max 12" stand.

I could hang it on the wall but it seems to me it will look weird hanging only one foot above the floor.

Another problem is that a lot of cool looking stands have tempered glass top shelf, being plasma the tv will emit heat and may be some low level humming (which is vibrations) , in time it can lead to glass shattering. I actually read on this forum about such case.

I was thinking may be to hang it higher and tilt it but then remembered I did it with 47" Sony LCD-LED and I had problems with 3D - with slight change of my position I was loosing 3D effect.

So what do you think - should I just buy 21" stand or what?

Thanks so lot for your help,
Jacob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
without double reading this, you WANT o have the bottom of the tv 12" inches off the Floor ?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwong View Post

without double reading this, you WANT o have the bottom of the tv 12" inches off the Floor ?

He apparently has a low couch and wants his line of sight to be properly centered on the screen when he's in his TV watching position. This is exactly why the bottom of my 50" GT50 is only 15" above the floor. Mine is wall mounted under a big window on an offset arm mount so it doesn't look as odd as it would have if it were on a solid wall, but i agree it seems weird to have a TV that low - but i grew up with long low console TVs that were very low slung so i'm used to a low TV.

Oh and Jacob - i think you can delete your double post yourself as long as nobody else has replied to it - see if there is a little red X at the lower left and if so, click it.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page