Panny VT30 started buzzing and flickering this morning!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I guess im kinda lucky it started now, since im within the first year of ownership, but its really upsetting. Watched TV last night, it was completely fine, woke up thismorning to turn on the TV and had buzzing and the top 1/3 of the TV is flickering on all inputs.

Any idea how Panny will fix this? Replacement of unit, replacement of panel? Also, anyone know how long it takes for them to come out and work on it? This is the main TV in my home and now have no where but the bedroom for my whole family to watch TV.

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
update

while my wife was on with Panasonic Tech support, the TV was flickering but not buzzing this time, no idea why. After 10 minutes of flickering while the guy was trying to setup an appt, the TV stopped flickering and has been working fine for over 30 minutes now. We kept the appt just in case it comes back, but at this point im completely stumped as to what the issue could be. On top of this, the tech said he has no record of anyone ever having both flickering as well as buzzing at the same time, so he had no idea what the problem could be either.

Shawn
post #3 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Liked: 19
sounds like a loose connector or power supply issue. If it happens again, take a picture of it to show the tech.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

sounds like a loose connector or power supply issue. If it happens again, take a picture of it to show the tech.

Or better yet, a video of it flickering.

One of the two biggest sources of buzzing on the 2011 models was a board that's located in the upper right corner when looking at the TV's innards from behind. My friend's 60ST30 started buzzing out of nowhere when it was several months old and he had the board replaced under warranty and that fixed it. Other 2011 owners reported that the technician simply tightened the loose screws holding that board in and that fixed it. Some owners removed the rear cover and tightened their own screws too.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page