I've been lurking on this website for a while now, but decided to bite the bullet and join to ask for help.
Currently, I'm on a budget of about $700. I'm coming from a 32" 720p LCD TV, so anything I get will be a huge improvement. However, I still want to get the best bang for my buck! I love the colors and smoothness of plasmas compared to LCD TVs, which is why I decided against an LCD. This brings up a couple of concerns though:
1) IR/Burn in. Gaming has a lot of HUDs and non moving icons. I'm concerned about burn in. Will it be an issue?
2) Input lag. I know this varies quite a bit, but how much lag will I be able to notice? Don't most TVs have a mode where little to processing is done to reduce lag?
3. My budget. Great plasmas can go for thousands of dollars, which I don't have. I'm not looking for anything smart or 3D, but they still seem expensive.
4) Overall picture. Even though I will be gaming a lot on this TV, I am still going to use it for BluRay movies and cable (it will be my main TV). So I can't be too narrow minded when deciding. I'd prefer the size of the TV to be around 50".
Here are some things I DON'T care about:
1) Number of inputs. I know some low end TVs have a limited amount of HDMI's or component, but this really doesn't effect me much. I can always buy a switch of some kind.
2) Brand. I know people are pretty loyal to Panasonic (perhaps for good reasons), but I'm not loyal to any brand as long as the build quality is good and the picture is great.
I've done some research before making this post and the three TVs that I have found so far are:
Please help me with any information or suggestions you might have. Also, feel free to suggest other TVs.