Panasonic TH-42BT300U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any info and comparison on this model? It appears to be a commercial model. What consumer model would you compare it to? Would it be usable for normal viewing?

It is used and seems to good to be true. How can I test it and confirm the low hours advised?

Thanks,
Prodeje
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I remember D-nice saying that these suffer from Image Retention a bit more than the consumer displays but then again that environment may have more static images. These should have a few more color controls available. Should have better parts inside. You will need a tuner to display video on a pro unit, it should come with an HDMI input. There's a consumer hours post here somewhere but I don't have a link. Over at high def junkies in the plasma section there's a sticky thread on checking hours and may work on this unit. I have no experience with these but hope this helps. personally I think it would be cool to try one of these out and you should be able to recoup your cost if you decide to sell it.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/plasma/th-42bt300u.asp
post #3 of 4 Old 10-13-2012, 09:56 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
More Info about this unit:

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/?p=1487

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #4 of 4 Old 10-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked one of these up almost a year ago. I use it for video production work, and it produces a very clean image. Image retention does happen quicker than with a consumer plasma display, but it's not permanent. This display produces some of the best shadow detail i've seen in a panel. It only has one HDMI port, and no tuner or built in speakers. This really is a production grade monitor. It isn't terribly bright, but color accuracy seems pretty decent. I should also note that it doesn't come with a base, and must be mounted to the wall with an optional wall mount. Any mount designed for a 42' panel will work.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page