tcp65S2 7 blinks of death thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I realize there is already an issue thread related to all info regarding all power/board failure codes but i've been doing some searching and hopefully we as S2 owners can get a better understanding of our specific set.

My 65' S2 went on me Sunday 2 min to kickoff (no surprise there). I was getting 7 blinking lights and out of warranty so i figured i'd try the easy fixes (unplugging and waiting, taking out the hdmi cables, holding the power button to reset it, etc) and still the 7 blinking lights.

So i'm thinking the SC board is probably shot according to most solutions online. I took the sc board out and now get 6 blinking lights so i went ahead and ordered and sc board hoping that this is the fix (same exact problem in the video i watched so i figured why not)

I'm wondering if there is anything else i should check while i'm waiting for the SC board to arrive. I've checked over all the capacitors and there are 2 on the main (most center on the tv) board that do not have the clear indented X on the top of them. As in the top is fairly smooth. They don't look bubbled but they are not as flat as the smaller capacitors on the same board.

Should i be replacing these too?

Is there anything else i should upgrade hardware wise that is a weak point on these tv's?

The TV is 2 years old now and i'm still in love with it. Hopefully after this i can be issue free until i purchase an OLED!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiepower View Post

My 65' S2 went on me getting 7 blinking lights ... I took the sc board out and now get 6 blinking lights so i went ahead and ordered an sc board hoping that this is the fix.

There is little information available to the public, other than this TC-P42S2 doc. It appears one of the testing procedures is to disconnect connector SC20, and see if the blinks change from 7 to 6. If so, then perhaps the SC board is defective, although further testing recommends isolating the SU and SD boards to be sure it is not one of those boards instead.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 7 Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

So i'm having a problem ordering the SC Board Part number TXNSC1MAUU

i tried ordering it through a few places, all out of stock of course, and nobody seems to be able to get it in as they refund my money a day later. Does anyone know where i can get this board from. I've called panasonic and all my national authorized panny techs (in Canada) and now i guess will be searching in the US.

This is becoming much more frustrating than originally expected
post #4 of 7 Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiepower View Post

So i'm having a problem ordering the SC Board Part number TXNSC1MAUU.

You might want to try searching using the board number (TNPA5175).

There is one on eBay for $135.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #5 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

That sucks i must have missed it. There is one on ebay from the UK for $160 but it's used and i would like to not put used parts in at that price.

i'll keep an eye open but thanks for the heads up on the board number
post #6 of 7 Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Just an update here, i got the board TNPA5175 and my tv has been working perfectly now for 2 weeks!

Thanks guys
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM

Hi, Im having the same problem (finding the TNPA5175 board). Where did you get yours at? Thanks JJ
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page