vt50 impressions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I am very pleased with my vt50. I have had It almost a week now and love this set. I just bought avatar in 3d and have to say I was impressed. Cant wait till I have 200hrs on this babyad have it calibrated. I also have a question does bb magnolia calibration personel any good? Btw I heard the geek squad was not impressive at all. I bought my set from bb, along with an 80" sharp quatron 3d and a b&w sound bar version 2. The person who helped me said that geeksquad does not do the magnolia calibration, and they have there own tech that is certified. Need to know so I can weigh my options. Thanks smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by j5woods1 View Post

Well I am very pleased with my vt50. I have had It almost a week now and love this set. I just bought avatar in 3d and have to say I was impressed. Cant wait till I have 200hrs on this babyad have it calibrated. I also have a question does bb magnolia calibration personel any good? Btw I heard the geek squad was not impressive at all. I bought my set from bb, along with an 80" sharp quatron 3d and a b&w sound bar version 2. The person who helped me said that geeksquad does not do the magnolia calibration, and they have there own tech that is certified. Need to know so I can weigh my options. Thanks smile.gif

I just read a blurb about BB doing free calibrations. You have to be a silver member, whatever that is? I don't buy enough from them to keep up on their deals?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Don't think I've ever seen a positive comment around here about a Geek Squad calibration.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j5woods1 View Post

......does bb magnolia calibration personel any good? Btw I heard the geek squad was not impressive at all......... The person who helped me said that geeksquad does not do the magnolia calibration, and they have there own tech that is certified. Need to know so I can weigh my options. Thanks smile.gif

The calibration that you get from BB/Geek Squad/Magnolia can never be as good or thorough as getting a proper ISF calibration performed by an independent pro calibrator. The BB/GS/MHT calibrator's experience and abilities is hit or miss, their calibration equipment is typically not as good as what the pros use, but the biggest detriment is that they are not allowed to spend more than an hour or two at your house. A real calibrator will spend more than twice that long and that's necessary to get it just right. Even if the BB/GS/MHT calibrator is very good and has good equipment, he's still crippled by the time limit imposed on him.

There are too many posts about how the BB/GS/MHT calibrators messed up people's TV - scan/search through the Display Calibration forum, LCD forum, and Plasma forum and you'll find lots of discussion about it all.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page