Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by **OptimusPrime** View Post

Try raising your brightness a notch or two. That helped elimintate the problem for me. I forget what it's called exactly (auto dim or something), but you can calibrate it out.

Thanks, I'll try it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12

I picked up what I believe is this set at Costco in the 60" pentile display.  Model number is slightly different, mine says PN60F5350 running software version 1026.0  My manufactured date was Dec 2013 so I was hoping all of the software kinks were worked out.  No buzzing that I can detect.  Great picture, at night, which is main time I watch it.  Super reflective during the daytime.  I was concerned about the pentile display, wondering if less subpixels meant a softer, less than 1080P level of resolution.  The math with the subpixels doesn't add up to full 1080P HD but I was watching this set side by side with a 60 in VIZIO M series and the resolution certainly looked the same from a sweet spot of about 7 - 9 feet.  Overall, very pleased, especially at this price point  ($750 after a temporary manufacturers rebate).  Plus Costco offered a 3 year warranty for just $70.  Tremendous bang for the buck here. 

Old 06-10-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's the dynamic contrast that you're seeing, listed under advanced options in the picture menu. Of course, you probably figured this out within the 5 months since you posted.

Tags
Samsung Pn60e535 , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Xbox 360 Console