Samsung PS64E550 WIFI issue. Please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,
First of all I can't seem to find anything on the following issue.

This arvo I went to check for a firmware update, I turned on the Internet hot spot and tried to connect. I didn't find any of the two wireless routers. I gave it a cold boot and after that it started to freeze when it came to network settings. So I turned it off and on then more of the same.

I upgraded the firmware, no help. Called Samsung before that but not much help. I'll try them tomorrow again.

I found out how to access the service menu, and it says wireless status: MAC Fail.

And now I'm stuck. Tried a factory reset from the service menu and that didn't help.

Hope someone can help.

Ritzo90

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Fyi just call samsung, the wifi catd is ****ed

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM

I had the same problem ... when I first turned it on - it found the home network ... then never again ... (tried countless times over the next 2 months). Contacted Samsung (who were great in their follow up) - they even sent me a firmware update on USB - tried the same as you - firmware update; hacked the BIOS (there are sooo many settings to play with) and reset the TV - the BIOS reported that the WiFi module had failed.

Got in touch with Samsung who answered the phone without delay (an absolute first!!!) who then liaised with a service repair place. Unfortunately the TV was on a bracket on the the wall - repair people would not take it off the wall ... on its return they would only return the TV to just inside the front door which meant I had to get it upstairs and back onto the wall ... no mean feat !! Turned out it was a faulty WiFi module ... which was replaced as well as the main PCB board ...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays