pn58c550 white screen issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good evening from a forum noob

I apologize in advance if there is a thread on this already but i couldnt find one that specifically answered the questions i have. Im looking for some advice or help on what to do. I have a Samsung pn58c550 that i bought about a year ago and ive started noticing that there is a faint horizontal line that comes up when the display is showing a very bright white screen. On any other occasion the screen looks perfect but if a commercial with a bright background or when i turn my xbox 360 on at the start up screen i get this black distortion line on the screen. Does anyone know if this is common? Is there a way to fix it? if i turn the tv off with a bright screen on and turn it back on the bar goes away but comes back a few seconds later. Thank you in advance for any advice or help. Ive included a picture of the issue im speaking of.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If it's still under warranty I'd get it looked at to ease your mind. If it's out of warranty does the dark spot cause movies and TV to distort? If not, don't worry about it. I see all kinds of anomalies from Xbox all the time, on multiple sets, but TV and movies (Blu-ray and HD-DVD) look perfect.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c550 58 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page