Samsung ITO-less Panels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have heard samsung uses different panels depending on the size of the model. For example the 51" E6500 may have a different panel, or some sort of variance in the panel, then a 60" E6500. I hear the ITO-less panels suffer less from image retention. Is this true and if so which size of the E6500 would have the ITO-less panel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-15-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
General info about ITOless:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

What's the difference between ITO and ITOless?

After some more research I think I've figured out the difference between the two files available for 59" and 64" panels, it's not a difference between the names DeepBlack and lessDeepBlack but rather ITO and ITOless. ITO refers to the inner structure of the pixels, it's an electrode within the pixel. There are also ITO-less pixels that use a different electrode structure (I know, your eyes are glazing over at this point). Anyway the major difference between ITO and ITO-less pixels is that the ITO-less ones exhibit about 1/3 less image retention. So there are two different types of larger panels in circulation right now with different IR characteristics.

Updated 2/25/2012 : Some literature suggests that ITOless electrode also are less reflective that ITO versions.

For D-Series it was like that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

51" panel use -> 51DS_DeepBlack.bin or 51DF_DeepBlack.bin (depends on panel version)

59" panel use -> 59DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin or 59ITOless_DeepBlack.bin (depends on logic board revision, if you get "No Match" use the other file)

64" panel use -> 64DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin or 64ITOless_DeepBlack.bin (depends on logic board revision, if you get "No Match" use the other file)

The current speculation is that the 51" E-series still uses ITO as there are normal reports about IR. On the other hand reviews mention that 60" and 64" have basically no IR, so ITOless. See:
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-ps64e8000-201210292316.htm?page=Performance
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page