Panasonca TCP55VT50 image retention - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I need some suggestions on how to deal with imagine retention. Basically I was playing a video game on the PS3 for a few hours on night. Apparently the life meter in this particular game is a bright white.

Unfortunately, it appears the life meter is being retained, and possibly burned in. I've tried playing regular TV content for hours at a time for a few days. I doesn't appear to really be lessening in retention, especially when the image on the TV is bright.

I figured I had a good 100 or more hours on the TV from all the sports I watch. Plus, with the pixel shift build in, I assumed my risk for image burn in was minimal. I just got the TV in august.

Any suggests on possible ways get get rid of it or determine if it is burn in.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekeiiy View Post

I need some suggestions on how to deal with imagine retention. Basically I was playing a video game on the PS3 for a few hours on night. Apparently the life meter in this particular game is a bright white.
Unfortunately, it appears the life meter is being retained, and possibly burned in. I've tried playing regular TV content for hours at a time for a few days. I doesn't appear to really be lessening in retention, especially when the image on the TV is bright.
I figured I had a good 100 or more hours on the TV from all the sports I watch. Plus, with the pixel shift build in, I assumed my risk for image burn in was minimal. I just got the TV in august.
Any suggests on possible ways get get rid of it or determine if it is burn in.
Thanks for you help in advance.

You can use Pixel Jogger and the White screen for this.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406663/pixel-jogger-breakin-improves-pq-plasma-lcd-led-tv-the-only-way

http://www.avsforum.com/t/949107/master-burn-in-ir-break-in-thread-part-ii-all-posts-here-only/3840#post_22578131

When playing video games with static HUD, just let use pixel jogger or scrolling bar or channel zapping regularly after every 30+ min. breaks etc. the first 1000 hrs.
lovekeiiy likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page