ST50 vs E6500/800: One last deperate call for help before I buy... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay I’ll keep it short and sweet: me and the wife need a new TV and after looking at over 5000+ posts in both the Panny ST50 thread and Samsung 6500/8000 one I just can’t decide which one to go for. I’ve been following both threads for months and now that it’s time to pull the trigger (which is tonight or tomorrow) I just don’t know what to do anymore. On the fence for BOTH.

We are going for 65 inches (or 64 in the case of Samsung) and it will be mostly use for hi-def gaming (PS3/360/Wii-U/PC) and Blurays (I’d say 75% gaming and 30% movies).

She’s not too picky image-wise but on my side I am very sensitive to good/smooth motion flow on the screen (panning, fast action scenes, etc) and need something that will be as sharp as possible definition-wise, both on still pictures and moving scenes (I read Samsung is performing better on this side?). I come from the LCD/LED world and am ready to make the move to Plasma because of the above.

So as one last call for inputs/feedbacks from everyone that can possibly answer: which side do you recommend going for? Any answer will be greatly appreciated, especially since there’s less than 24 hours remaining before we pull the trigger.

Also just in case it can actually give a better picture of the setup for whatever reason: everything's (consoles) going to a Denon AVR-1613 and then a single HDMI cable to the TV.

Thanks a million times!!

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title and message, I type too fast sometimes lol biggrin.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page