Samsung PN51E550 Firmware Update Issue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey everyone, I have the Samsung PN51E550, and my firmware version is 1020.1. Recently, Smart Hub updated and gave me the Amazon Instant Video app, as well as the SyncPlus app. Whenever I try to run both, I am thrown a message telling me that my firmware needs to be updated in order to use either of them.

In addition, trying to update the firmware via the menus tells me either that my firmware is up to date, or I get an error code 709, which tells me that the firmware is not yet available in the server. As I've read, there are a number of users here that have E550's with 1022.2, up to 1023 (not sure what screen size they have). Samsung support, of course, tells me that my FW is up-to-date, yet the website actually shows an older update from July available for download. Ridiculous.

Anyone having the same issues? Can anyone confirm their firmware for their PN51E550? Your version can be found in Support > Contact Samsung.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Liked: 10
I have the same issue as you with my PN51E550. Firmware is ver.1012.9. I was running an even older version, but the online update always told me I was up to date. I went to the website to downloaded and install 1012.9 over USB. Amazon Instant Video still tells me I need to run a firmware update. The firmware update still tells me I am up to date when I run it. Clearly it isn't working correctly considering I was running an older version of the firmware then what was on the support website, and you are telling me there is even a newer version that isn't on the website yet.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Go figure. Something must be going on with Samsung, as I've been reading reports of bad firmware updates lately. It appears the only thing we can do, unfortunately, is wait for Samsung to release a new firmware...
post #4 of 11 Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM

Samsung has some bad firmware i can attest to that i have PN51E550 i downloaded a firmware update that smart hub automatically gave me and it screwed my TV. i went from 1017.2 to 1022.2 when my TV started having weird pixels on the screen and horizontal lines called Samsung they had someone came out to take a look at the set they had to changed the whole screen. now this is second incident i was trying to use Amazon Instant downloaded firmware 1024.0 that smart hub automatically gave me it worked but a few day later i noticed horizontal line on the screen again i called Samsung they are sending a technician out again oh and my TV is new purchased on September, 28 2012 i haven't had a chance to fully enjoy it yet because its going to be repaired twice maybe i have a bad set i really don't know.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM

Hello, did anyone get the firmware update to work? Samsung sent me a USB with the firmware on it;but, my tv says there is no files on the USB to update the tv thanks
post #6 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Samsung released the 1025 update recently. Unfortunately, it causes the Smart Hub to flicker on and off the screen 2 minutes after every time the set is turned on.

Edit: The update is available via the Support menu > Software Update.
ramirez99 likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM

i too have the same problem of the smarthub flickering on and off about 4 mins onto powering on tv ever since i upgraded to firmware 1025 ive reset my tv and still does the same ive contacted samsung but havent received a response
post #8 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

It's supposedly a firmware issue that's affecting many different models of Samsung's SMART TV's that have received the update. Last I read, Samsung is pushing an update on the 20th of this month that should rectify the issue.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM

ok so then youre still having the smarthub flicker on and off then?
post #10 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM

We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. We are so sorry that you are having that problem of the smart hub popping up ever since you’ve updated your firmware. We do have a new firmware update coming out on this Thursday, December 20, 2012, but if you do not want to wait I will try to give you a fix for the problem today. We suggest that you reset your smart hub,

this is the response samsung gave me
post #11 of 11 Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez99 View Post

We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. We are so sorry that you are having that problem of the smart hub popping up ever since you’ve updated your firmware. We do have a new firmware update coming out on this Thursday, December 20, 2012, but if you do not want to wait I will try to give you a fix for the problem today. We suggest that you reset your smart hub,
this is the response samsung gave me

Yeah, that's the report I read from someone else's post on another website.

In typical Samsung fashion, however, the update was not released, and the problem still remains. You know, after a TV with 3 defective screens, and a replacement TV that has problems such as this, I'm doubting I'll ever buy a Samsung television ever again. The product support is horrendous. mad.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e550 51 Inch 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page