I have been extremely tempted with the PQ advantages and price of the Pioneer Plasma 50" GT/ST, and was ready to pull the trigger but as I researched more I wondered if what I want to do with my TV works for a plasma?
I will be moving from a 32" LED Sony BR6.
• Here is what I do with my TV currently:
• I watch Soccer, tennis and hockey in HD. Very little other TV.
• I watch a lot of old DVD movies. TV series from the 70s and 80s.
• Blu-ray movies if available.
• I use my TV for my HTPC and am also on the web with it from time to time. I play my music off of this.
• I rarely play games but probably will in the future.
• The way my room is, I sit about 7' from the TV....I can maybe stretch that to 8' due to my room config.
I am leaning towards the Panny over the Samsung Plasma. With my habits of watching, would either one make sense. Is the difference between the two that big? Is there anything else I need to consider that I may be missing about Plasmas( minus IR/burn-in and their lack of brightness)?
Normally I would just get the Panny and return it if I didn’t like it, but due to the nature of where I live what I order is what I get, since it will be overseas.
If plasma is out of the question it looks like the best image LCD/LED is the 46" Sony KDL850. Would anything else come close?
Pioneer Elite SC-27
Panasonic 50" GT50
HTPC - i5, ATI 7790
Crappy Klipsch sub