PCM only digital out? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a number of movies on a portable hard drive connected via USB. They play fine, except that the digital out to my A/V receiver is always PCM instead of Dolby surround. I looked for a setting commonly found on TVs that sets the digital audio out to a choice of PCM or Dolby, but could not find one on my UT50. any ideas? The envelope is MKV MP4/AC3.
Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 994
Not familiar with your tv, or if it's specified in your manual, but many tvs only output 2.0 pcm (usually from other than OTA content). What did the tv manual indicate?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The TV manual is mum on the issue. I have discovered that it will output Dolby however, the problem apparently is with my A/V receiver not properly interpreting the signal. Thanks for the reply.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 994
This is via the optical out or are you using HDMI ARC? Did you check page 146 of the manual?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page