Help picking new plasma! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
New to the forum and in the market for a tv. Originally, I looked at LEDs, but after researching I decided on a plasma. It will be going in our basement (no windows, controlled lighting). It will be mostly used for watching Blu-Rays, UVerse tv (mostly SD, but also HD) and stream movies. I have been researching for a while now and have it narrowed down to either the Samsung PNxxE7000 or a Panasonic xxGT50. From reading reviews and articles it seems that these are fairly equal. Maybe the Panasonic has a slight lead in PQ/black levels, but maybe the Samsung has a better picture with non-HD material (SD broadcast tv). Some of my concerns are that from reviews it seems that the Panasonic may be a little more prone to IR/burn in, which would ruin a viewing experience for me. However, it seems like the Samsung have the buzzing problem (which would bug me too). What is everyone's opinions? Please help! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgot to mention - will be used for some 3D watching too.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Either TV will suit your needs, there will be drawbacks no matter what TV you choose, its a matter of choosing what youa are willing to deal with and go from there. Its going to be hard to make the decision for you, as only YOU will be able to say which TV looks best. You've already hit the main points of each TV, so now its just a matter of selecting the one you think will suit your neeeds best. The nest thing you can do is go see the sets in person, play with them and see which one you think is best for you...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page