Best 60"+ TV Under $2,500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to replace my Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080 with a new 60"+ TV for under $2,500 in my home theater room. From everything I've read online, it looks like the Panasonic TC-VT50 is the clear front runner (I'm not trying to start an argument), but the 65" model is still around $3,000. Too expensive, in my opinion. Therefore, should I wait until this price comes down or go with a different brand/model.

Also, I've been reading a lot about Panasonic uniformity issues. Is this a real concern?

Here are the models that I'm looking at
Panasonic TC-65VT50 (Too expensive)
Panasonic TC-P65ST50
Samsung PN60E6500
Panasonic TC-P60UT50
Panasonic TC-P65GT50

Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Id take the UT50 out as its not even in teh same class as the others and add the Samsung E7000\8000........

You cant go wrong with any of the choices, none will match the black levels of your Kuro, BUT it they should\will give the rest of the set a run for its money.......Its best to get see them in person as they are all close this year and each has its drawbacks. The best one, is the one taht looks best to you....
post #3 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Id take the UT50 out as its not even in teh same class as the others and add the Samsung E7000\8000........
You cant go wrong with any of the choices, none will match the black levels of your Kuro, BUT it they should\will give the rest of the set a run for its money.......Its best to get see them in person as they are all close this year and each has its drawbacks. The best one, is the one taht looks best to you....

Thanks for the reply. I'll add the Samsung E7000\8000s to my list. I was wondering about the black levels. Man, I wish that Pioneer still made TVs.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanley View Post

I'm looking to replace my Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080 with a new 60"+ TV for under $2,500 in my home theater room. From everything I've read online, it looks like the Panasonic TC-VT50 is the clear front runner (I'm not trying to start an argument), but the 65" model is still around $3,000. Too expensive, in my opinion. Therefore, should I wait until this price comes down or go with a different brand/model.
Also, I've been reading a lot about Panasonic uniformity issues. Is this a real concern?
Here are the models that I'm looking at
Panasonic TC-65VT50 (Too expensive)
Panasonic TC-P65ST50
Samsung PN60E6500
Panasonic TC-P60UT50
Panasonic TC-P65GT50
Any help will be appreciated.

I just got a 65VT50 from BB for your budgeted price. Check out the deals thread :-)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page