Yea I am in the same boat. Running the slides can't hurt, and I do plan on getting the set calibrated. As far as the banding is concerned, I am not sure if I should swap it out now or wait to see if it goes away. I purchased my set at Best Buy and I have 30 days to return. I've had the set for a week. I also would be swapping for a GT50 60" not 65". My wife would kill me if I came home with a set that big. So not sure if it's worth swapping for a lesser model that is slightly bigger, I mean, the VT50 is amazing, maybe I should just stick with it. Thebishman, where did you purchase your VT50 and why did you decide to go with the 55"?