anyone have similar experience with Paul's TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i post a same thing in ST thread but figure its better for me to make a new one rather than mix up with others.

received my P65ST50 on saturday morning from pauls tv... the picture quality is great...Oct model, literary no buzz, everything is perfect....way much better than my Panasonic DLP

however i found out i got a huge dent on the back of my tv...the tv is working but by looking at the dent...it is not small at all...and that thing is must be sharp to penetrate through the box (the box was thick too). immediately called Paul's tv (have to wait till supervisor's approval on monday) and found out they are out of stock on P65St50 ( the CS told me if i pass the exchange process i can either get a replacement, discount or refund)...what should i do? anyone have similar experience with pauls tv (like replace you a tv with similar price range or they offer you a upgrade/downgrade tv?)... what i was told by the CS that they wont have it in stock till Feb of 2013...i dont want to wait that long for my exchange to come in....kinda sad to have this tv end up like this...

btw...try to avoid HomeDirect USA...the way they deliver my tv was unacceptable, they drag and shuffle my tv from the trunk into my house...and that white glove shipping never exist, i was told to sign the paper before i get to inspect my tv...they didnt even bother to power on the tv

The tv

the box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Pauls Plasma TV Nightmare

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked: 596
I wish you good luck, but as it was said in the other thread, once you sign for the TV (especially without inspecting at least the box) you are throwing caution to the wind, and Paul's TV would be within thier right to refuse a claim from you.....They may however process the claim and service the TV, but it will take some luck....You allowed the shipping company to rush you, when you should have told them that you wanted to inspect the TV becasue of the damage to the box, I would have taken a picture AND had it notated on my delivery slip about the damage...never let the shipping company run your delivery like that, now its going to be your word vs thiers...I am sure they will say there as no damage and that you signed off on a "good" delivery...The person in the thread above said it was a "nightmare" but Pauls took care of him and repalced the TV.......

I guess cases like this just go to further show you need to inspect the TV and at least the box before signing off on deivery..
post #4 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

just got off the phone with paul's CS...what they said is i have 10 days exhcange/return policy and they will notify me when the decision is made via email...going to try to call them again this afternoon to follow up the process... the only thing that i am worry about is not being able to exchange for a new tv cuz they are out of stock of 65 ST50... def learn a lesson here and will triple check the tv if i get an exchange....
post #5 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Given the choice of taking a chance on not getting a replacement or maybe getting a buzzer or otherwise functionally defective replacement I'd be really tempted to just keep the dented one--nobody's going to see the dent unless you have a pretty unusual room setup

Steve S.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

i was thinking about that too...but im afraid that dent might effect the tv later on cuz that dent is pretty deep.....im hoping to get my tv exchange
post #7 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

Given the choice of taking a chance on not getting a replacement or maybe getting a buzzer or otherwise functionally defective replacement I'd be really tempted to just keep the dented one--nobody's going to see the dent unless you have a pretty unusual room setup

Personally i would not keep it - no telling what kind of impact caused that dent and how it may affect the panel later on down the road. Also, if the TV develops a defect during the first year the repair man may take one look at that dent and Panasonic may refuse warranty repair.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #8 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I bought my VT50 from Paul's and when I called them to say that it had a dead subpixel, they offered to replace it the next day - no argument. Overall I was happy with Paul's - it was the first time I had done business with them. They price matched, gave me not only free delivery (which is standard) but also free haul-away of the old set (usually about $60.) I noticed that for Black Friday (I had bought the previous Saturday) they were offering a $500 Visa card with purchase of a VT50, but the fine print said no price matching and no free delivery, so I think it balanced out in the end.

When my first set was delivered, I was asked to look it over carefully for damage and sign off to say I saw none. If you signed that and noticed damage later, I can see that they might give you some grief.

Steve
post #9 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Paul's is actually pretty good to buy from locally if you walk into their showroom (i know a few of their salesmen from when they worked at the awesome but now defunct Ken Crane's), but their online store is run completely separately and i would never buy a TV online from them regardless of how low their price was.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #10 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to know. I bought locally.

Steve
post #11 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Personally i would not keep it - no telling what kind of impact caused that dent and how it may affect the panel later on down the road. Also, if the TV develops a defect during the first year the repair man may take one look at that dent and Panasonic may refuse warranty repair.

Excellent point!

Steve S.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 PM

I'm not a TV expert, but my thought is if you have this TV in a spot that it's not going to be moving much, if at all, and it's working perfectly now, I'm not sure why it would all of a sudden break later due to this dent. Personally, I'm not sure I'd be overally concerned about it if it's working today just fine.
post #13 of 16 Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

just got off the phone with them... i have to wait for 3-5 days for the decision..this is not looking good
post #14 of 16 Old 11-28-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

sigh...still waiting for their decision...and their CSR is so rude....
post #15 of 16 Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

just got a respond from Paul's tv that i can get an exchange, refund or discount....but i dont know which tv i will be able to exchange for since they are out of stock on P65St50....(CSR told me they dont even know when they will get the next shipment for the 65 St50....) crap
post #16 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

going to exchange the tv to P65GT50
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page