Panasonic TC-P65VT25 Vertical Lines Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody know a solution for this vertical line problem? I've seen people post about similar issues but no definite solutions. I've even tried replacing the C and S boards that control that sector but it didn't help. Purchased this TC-P65VT25 ($4500 from Best Buy) and after 1.5 years it developed this problem that 2 panasonic authorized service centers said required a panel replacement which costs $2600 ($2000 panel + tax & labor) but I'm hoping there's a cheaper solution. Panasonic offered to pay $350 if I got it repaired but then I would still have to pay more than the TV is worth. Can't believe I have to consider retiring this thing after less than 2 years of use. These TV's definitely aren't made like they used to. I have a 10 year old Panasonic Plasma which is still running strong!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hi RevJunky,

l had the exact same issue you have with my Panny TC-P65VT25 last year. Since it was still under waranty Panasonic sent a tech free of charge to fix the issue. The repair guy removed the back pannel and pushed on one of the connectors which was on the edge right above the vertical line and it made that vertical line disapear. Those connectors are all around the four edges of the pannel. He said that they sometimes become dirty or loose which causes this issue. He then disconnected that faulty connector , cleaned it and then tightened it back in place and voilà, no more vertical line issue since then. He said that was a job worth around 200$. He also said that some tech will scrap the whole panel thinking it is a major issue... which it is not.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
One of my friends at work had that same issue a few weeks ago with another Panasonic model. I told him my story and he was able to fix the issue by himself (He was not under warranty) and was very thankful as he was almost ready to spend big money for a new panel.

Hope this helps.wink.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I did trace down the ribbon cable associated with the problem spot and when you unplug that cable that exact problem section goes black so I've narrowed it down to that but pulling, cleaning, pushing on the cable didn't help. I even tried replacing the C board the ribbon cable is connected to.

dhan, thanks for the help, I'll try messing with the cable again but now I have a bad feeling my issue may be on the other side of the ribbon cable which is sandwiched between the glass of the panel. Does anyone know if the ribbon cables coming out of the panel can be replaced?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page