Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Read this on Amazon's website...

FREE Enhanced Delivery:
We offer FREE Enhanced Delivery through one of our specialty shippers when you purchase most HDTVs 48 inches or larger from Amazon.com. A representative of a common carrier will deliver your HDTV to any room suitable for testing, unpack it, ensure that it is working properly to guarantee no damage occurred during transportation, and dispose of all packaging material.

HDTVs that qualify for Enhanced Delivery will be inspected by the customer -- while the carrier is present -- at the time of delivery. This visual inspection is performed as a way to ensure that, if necessary, we can replace a damaged HDTV as quickly as possible. In addition, Amazon will only accept returns that are in new condition, so we highly recommend inspection in order to confirm return eligibility after delivery.

Looking to get a TV within the next day or so thru Amazon. Curious about what I read on their website....

If a defect of some sort is noticed within the 30 day timeframe will Amazon take it back
How about, if you just aren't satisfied with the TV and want to get something else within the 30 day timeframe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey View Post

Read this on Amazon's website...
FREE Enhanced Delivery:
We offer FREE Enhanced Delivery through one of our specialty shippers when you purchase most HDTVs 48 inches or larger from Amazon.com. A representative of a common carrier will deliver your HDTV to any room suitable for testing, unpack it, ensure that it is working properly to guarantee no damage occurred during transportation, and dispose of all packaging material.
HDTVs that qualify for Enhanced Delivery will be inspected by the customer -- while the carrier is present -- at the time of delivery. This visual inspection is performed as a way to ensure that, if necessary, we can replace a damaged HDTV as quickly as possible. In addition, Amazon will only accept returns that are in new condition, so we highly recommend inspection in order to confirm return eligibility after delivery.

Looking to get a TV within the next day or so thru Amazon. Curious about what I read on their website....
If a defect of some sort is noticed within the 30 day timeframe will Amazon take it back
How about, if you just aren't satisfied with the TV and want to get something else within the 30 day timeframe?

I called Amazon about the same thing today. If the TV is defective or damaged, they will take it back or exchange at no cost to you. If you just want to return it because you don't like it, they charge you return shipping. The rep said the cost could be closely calculated by taking the shipping weight and multiplying it by .75 and adding $4.99. So to return a 100 lb TV would cost $80 in shipping.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvc753 View Post

I called Amazon about the same thing today. If the TV is defective or damaged, they will take it back or exchange at no cost to you. If you just want to return it because you don't like it, they charge you return shipping. The rep said the cost could be closely calculated by taking the shipping weight and multiplying it by .75 and adding $4.99. So to return a 100 lb TV would cost $80 in shipping.
Sounds only fair.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
We bought a new Samsung 60 inch plasma in August from Amazon. We had to send it back because the picture and sound would go off, then pop back on after a minute or two. We called Amazon almost at the 30 day mark and they had no problem taking it back. They asked ME if I wanted a replacement, different model or a refund. The TV was great otherwise, so I just asked for a replacement. They had one out within 4 days.

Another plus for them is that I'm disabled, so the guys took down my old one, assembled the new one and set it up on the stand, which they are not supposed to do in case they create a problem that I accuse them of being responsible for.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page