Plasma plugged/set in 24 hours? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I have heard a lot of conflicting arguments on wether a plasma should be standing up for 24 hours after delivery if it was not vertical (mine was at a 45 degree angle). It sort of seems like a myth, but whatever it has been 24 hours. Now what confused was that the delivery man said it needed to be in room temperature for 24 hours because it was transported from my parents house to mine and it is pretty cold. I assumed this had to do with gasses, but I don't know. My main concern though is that should my tv have been plugged in to perhaps get a current and warm up the gasses or all of this just wrong? I really am at a loss, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The gases are fine - but did you have the dealer exchange the summer gas with winter gas? tongue.gif

The set just needs to come to room temperature, I would think. That said, flatscreen TVs of any larger size don't like being tilted or laid flat, as the screen can warp subtly due to weight of the glass.

Steve
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 64
After any electronic item is brought from extended cold to a warm room, it should be allowed to reach room temp before being turned on. It has to do with condensation forming on the circuits, which can be a bad thing.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

After any electronic item is brought from extended cold to a warm room, it should be allowed to reach room temp before being turned on. It has to do with condensation forming on the circuits, which can be a bad thing.

+1 to This