OTA local digital channels picture quality crushes SAT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's flat out astounding how crisper , sharper and much, much more vivid the picture quality is of Over The Air digital local channels versus satellite dishes. And it's for free , no less...I had Dish network, just switched to Direct TV..same dealie....It is so dramatic, I'm trying to figure out a way to 'channel scroll' thru my local channels and have those local channels use the OTA/antenna input WITHOUT having to stop and change the source...or rather, have the Direct TV box preset to use the OTA channels but I don't think it's gonna happen without having to stop and change the source from SAT to ANT,etc....bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitz View Post

....I'm trying to figure out a way to 'channel scroll' thru my local channels and have those local channels use the OTA/antenna input WITHOUT having to stop and change the source...or rather, have the Direct TV box preset to use the OTA channels but I don't think it's gonna happen without having to stop and change the source from SAT to ANT,etc...

I've spent time with my buddy's new 6-tuner DirecTV DVR coupled with his 9G Kuro and the local channels were actually pretty good compared to their OTA counterparts.

A few years ago DirecTV had a separate OTA tuner available that connected to their HD DVR and interfaced with their DVR and imported the local channels into it's guide. Do they still have this for the current receivers or DVRs?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Have a motor driven OTA antenna....Also Directv....I can see very little difference on the PQ between either...Truly.. Am Using a Panny vt3065..been with directv for a good number of years now..same dvr...really had no cause to check to see if it would answer your question..Would the newer PVR's be capable???
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page