Panasonic 50" p50u50 burn in! Help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pretty sure it's burn in, as it hasn't gone away in a couple days like image retention normally would. What can I do to try and get rid of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Liked: 11
What image/logo is showing? What retailer did u buy the set from? Use an all white screen high contrast.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You might need to give it more time than a couple of days, whenever I get heavy IR, it's usually from hours of playing games. As long as I never let that static image up again, it usually takes nearly 150 hours for the IR to completely disappear, that is just watching regular full screen content though, might get rid of it sooner if you run a full white screen.
post #4 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Going away now, but I'm now getting IR in other spots. For some reason it's been getting bad lately. And it ruins the PQ, as it makes the image look blurry/not clear.

frown.gif
post #5 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinegts85 View Post

Going away now, but I'm now getting IR in other spots. For some reason it's been getting bad lately. And it ruins the PQ, as it makes the image look blurry/not clear.
frown.gif
Why don't you try Pixel Jogger proper break in/aging/IR prevention/improve PQ etc.?
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406663/pixel-jogger-break-in-improves-pq-plasma-lcd-led-tv-the-only-way-for-diy-users-only
post #6 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for this. So I just put this on a USB flash drive and then plug it into my TV?

They mention break in a lot, but I've had this TV for over 6 months. Will it still work?
post #7 of 11 Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:

Wow, thanks for this. So I just put this on a USB flash drive and then plug it into my TV?
They mention break in a lot, but I've had this TV for over 6 months. Will it still work?

Yes, mp4 file is a standard HD video file, you can put it on USB drive or on SD card/microSD with SD card adapter.
TV mediaplayer will play it, use remote controller [SD CARD] to select/play media.
Use remote controller [OPTION] to select videoplayer REPEAT>ON for continuous loop play.

It doesn't matter if tv is old or new, it will always work.
Enjoy!
post #8 of 11 Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

So I ran this pixel jogger for quite a while last night, and today when I went to watch TV, I clicked guide on my directv box and immediately noticed the text looked way sharper and everything. I'm 100% serious that I did not even THINK of the pixel jogger thing; I realized it about a minute after I noticed the text looked sharper. I didn't open the guide menu thinking about the pixel jogger at all and I noticed it looked better.

Hmmm....
post #9 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:

So I ran this pixel jogger for quite a while last night, and today when I went to watch TV, I clicked guide on my directv box and immediately noticed the text looked way sharper and everything. I'm 100% serious that I did not even THINK of the pixel jogger thing; I realized it about a minute after I noticed the text looked sharper. I didn't open the guide menu thinking about the pixel jogger at all and I noticed it looked better.
Hmmm....

Yes, it definitely change it for the better PQ.
Enjoy!
post #10 of 11 Old 04-12-2013, 09:03 PM

hello.

I downloaded the 4 files and added to a USB. I plugged to my TV, a Panassonic UT50 and clicked USB on the controller. Something funny is happening when I enter the screen where shows the directories of the USB.

Instead of showing 3 files it shows 6 files. The first 3 have the same name, but with ._ in the front. So _pixeljoger.mp4. The files with this infront wont play, therefore loopig of all 3 files are impossible.

I formated the USB, I made it possible to see hidden files and nothing makes me se only the 3 mp4 files that are able to play. They always show 6 files on the menu to select. 3 with this stupid under score infront that the TV wont play and the onther 3 correct files.

Does anyone have a clue?

I use Mc by the way, could this be it?

Many Thanks
post #11 of 11 Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM

Liked: 15

Mac puts extra ghost files onto flash drives...not unusual at all. It's a Mac thing.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50u50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P50u50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page