Panasonic ST50 Settings for video games - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just started to play games on my new st50, but I'm wondering if anyone has some good settings for my Xbox 360. I can't really seem to get it to look great. Even if I got in the ballpark I could work from there. I've been looking online to no avail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Out of curiosity, what settings do you use now? D-Nice's are definitely the most popular. My ST50 isn't coming until Monday, so I'm not much help, but I'd try his settings out if you have already.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
D nice settings are great for gaming as long as u dont game in a overly bright room. Ive tried them all d nice is def the best unless
You have another one?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Let's keep this thread alive. Gamers could post what settings they used and are currently using.

I got my 55ST50 on Nov 29 and ran the slides for 100 hours over the next 7 days. After I input D-nice's reference settings. Since then I've watched mostly fullscreen HD content w/o logos and a couple of 16:9 blu-rays. I just finished playing FIFA 13 for 20-30 minutes - thankfully, no IR. The picture was definitely a little darker and less colorful than I'm used to compared to a 42" and 50" plasma. A little warmer too. White uniforms didn't look white. I quickly tried game mode with D-nice's settings and didn't really like the picture. When I start gaming more I will post any tweaks I make, either with the TV or Xbox settings.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I played a bit more FIFA 13, going back and forth between my older 720P 42" plasma and the 55ST50 for comparison. Increasing the contrast from 76 to 85 yielded a picture that wasn't as dark and more to my liking, granted it was during the day. I don't have direct sunlight coming into my room, but it still filters through my vertical blinds and around the edges. I played around with increasing the brightness and color a few ticks, but increasing contrast was the most beneficial. I think I will still leave the contrast at 76 until I accumulate some more hours.

I don't know if it's because the 55ST50 is such a big jump in size compared to my 42", but while playing FIFA 13 I noticed a little more jerkiness when the camera pans across the pitch quickly, during long lobbed passes, for example. Also, I could swear that when I quickly pan the camera left and right, when it's positioned in a close up behind the goalie during goal kicks, that I see more blur on the ST50. I keep going back and forth doing A-B comparisons.

I'm going to try Skyrim and Borderlands 2 soon and see how they look. I held off playing Skyrim for so long because I wanted to play it on a larger TV.

I hope that I can get the picture settings dialed in for gaming. So far I'm a little disappointed. When I watched Up on blu-ray via my PS3 the picture was pretty amazing. I can't put my finger on what exactly is wrong with the picture. I really hope that setting tweaks will get me the picture I want and that it is not a limitation of my set.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

I played a bit more FIFA 13, going back and forth between my older 720P 42" plasma and the 55ST50 for comparison. Increasing the contrast from 76 to 85 yielded a picture that wasn't as dark and more to my liking, granted it was during the day. I don't have direct sunlight coming into my room, but it still filters through my vertical blinds and around the edges. I played around with increasing the brightness and color a few ticks, but increasing contrast was the most beneficial. I think I will still leave the contrast at 76 until I accumulate some more hours.
I don't know if it's because the 55ST50 is such a big jump in size compared to my 42", but while playing FIFA 13 I noticed a little more jerkiness when the camera pans across the pitch quickly, during long lobbed passes, for example. Also, I could swear that when I quickly pan the camera left and right, when it's positioned in a close up behind the goalie during goal kicks, that I see more blur on the ST50. I keep going back and forth doing A-B comparisons.
I'm going to try Skyrim and Borderlands 2 soon and see how they look. I held off playing Skyrim for so long because I wanted to play it on a larger TV.
I hope that I can get the picture settings dialed in for gaming. So far I'm a little disappointed. When I watched Up on blu-ray via my PS3 the picture was pretty amazing. I can't put my finger on what exactly is wrong with the picture. I really hope that setting tweaks will get me the picture I want and that it is not a limitation of my set.

I went from a 50px80u to a 60st50 and so far the couple of games that I have tried on the st50 looked better on the px80. I am also still playing with the settings, so if you come up with something please pass them on. The 60st50 is superior in just about every way other than the gaming, it just seemed smoother and look more "real" on the px80 [hard to put your finger on it]. Maybe it is the increased resolution that is allowing you to see flaws in the capability of the game system that were not obvious before.