vertical black bars in middle of Panasonic 42" plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A couple of days ago i started getting two wierd 3" vertical black bars on my tv. They went away after I turned the tv off overnight. Now they're back. Done some research online and in here. Do not see any help. Of course tried to contact Panny and not much help there.

I have had the tv almost 3 years so no warranty. It is a TC-P42S1. I live on kauai and there is not even a tv repair man on island. It seems outrageous to me that after spending $700 I have no recourse. Not the money just the idea that if it breaks ur done. Fixing it myself might as well ask for the second coming for xmas. Really can't even find what the problem is. Anyone know about this? should I start shopping? I did see the guy with the baseball bat fixing the problem. Might be fun after a few more days of this.

Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post

A couple of days ago i started getting two wierd 3" vertical black bars on my tv. They went away after I turned the tv off overnight. Now they're back. Done some research online and in here. Do not see any help.

There are numerous threads here on the problem.

According to these documents, your plasma panel is defective, and costly to replace. However, re-seating the ribbon cables between the circuit boards and the plasma panel, or replacing a defective C-board has sometimes corrected the problem.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

^^^
Thanks for your timely reply,tomwil.

today I have no vertical bars or problem whatever. Would that indicate a loose connection? Looked through other threads and I am just not comfortable with even opening the back of the tv. so , I'll keep my fingers crossed. At least Pany cs gave me the number for a tv repair person on island.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

^^^
Is this something peculiar to Panny and/or plasmas or what. Looking for new tv and if it is a plasma then ok and if it is Panny then i don't want to buy a Panny. I am limited to Sears, Costco and Kmart.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page