Strange behaviour on one of my HDMI ports (Panasonic plasma) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a tcp60st30 plasma, and HDMI 2 stopped working for a while now. Then the other day, I had to unplug my tv for a day, and when I plugged it in, HDMI2 was working fine! ...but a few minutes later, I turned the TV off, and now it doesn't work again! But here is the weird thing: If I unplug the tv for a minute, and then plug it back in, it works with my pvr just fine. But with my apple tv it is still hit and miss. And then all of a sudden, I turn on my tv and my pvr is video only (audio doesn't work)

This is really bad timing because I am actually potentially selling the TV tomorrow. Is this a problem that can be fixed without a technician coming in? I have already tried restoring the tv to factory default, still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Post moved to proper display area.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh007 View Post

I have a tcp60st30 plasma, and HDMI 2 stopped working for a while now. Then the other day, I had to unplug my tv for a day, and when I plugged it in, HDMI2 was working fine! ...but a few minutes later, I turned the TV off, and now it doesn't work again! But here is the weird thing: If I unplug the tv for a minute, and then plug it back in, it works with my pvr just fine. But with my apple tv it is still hit and miss. And then all of a sudden, I turn on my tv and my pvr is video only (audio doesn't work).This is really bad timing because I am actually potentially selling the TV tomorrow. Is this a problem that can be fixed without a technician coming in? I have already tried restoring the tv to factory default, still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you're plugging and unplugging the HDMI cables while the TV is turned on then that can damage the input board. NEVER do this with the TV turned on - some people have reported seeing a small spark when inserting or removing the HDMI cables.

If the TV is still under warranty i'd call Panasonic and arrange for a service visit.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page